|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained, seeded, and chopped (Reserving Liquid)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Jalapeno pepper/Serrano pepper||1 Teaspoon, seeded and minced|
|Chicken||8 Ounce, skinned and boned cooked, chopped (Preferably Breasts)|
|Corn tortillas||4 (6-Inch Diameter Each)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded, divided|
|Black olives||8 , pitted, sliced|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the onion and garlic over a medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in the tomatoes and reserved liquid, mushrooms, pepper and seasonings and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened.
4) In a medium heat-proof mixing bowl, mix the chicken with half of sauce, keep aside and reserve rest of the sauce.
5) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet, heat each tortilla over a medium heat for about 1 minute, turning once, just until the tortilla becomes flexible.
6) Remove the tortilla, lay flat and spread 1/2 ounce cheese along the center, top with 1/4 chicken mixture and roll to enclose.
7) In a 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish, place with the seam-side down. Then repeat with rest of the tortillas and chicken mixture.
8) Pour the reserved sauce over the enchiladas, top with rest of the cheese, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
9) Garnish with the olives and serve immediately.