Slow Cooker Enchiladas
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||10 Ounce, tomatoes (2 Can)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Pepper monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Tortillas||6 (Flour, 6-7 Inches In Diameter)|
|7 inch flour tortillas||6|
1) In a skillet cook beef, onions, and green peppers until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain.
2) Stir in next 8 ingredients and boil.
3) Decrease heat.
4) Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Add the cheeses and combine.
6) In slow cooker, layer 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla, and about 1/3 cup cheese.
7) Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
8) Cook covered on Low for 5-7 hours until heated through.
9) While serving, with a spoon reach to bottom to get all the layers.
10) Alternately, invert onto large platter and cut into wedges.
11) Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Calories 1776 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.1%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.9 mg75.3%
Sodium 3069.4 mg127.9%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 42.1 g168.4%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 119 g237.2%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 110.6% Iron 101.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet