Enchiladas De Gueso Mexican
|Maize flour||75 Gram (1/2 cup)|
|Plain flour||75 Gram (1/2 cup)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||225 Gram, grated|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Spring onions||4 , sliced|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried red chillies||9|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Remove seeds from all chillies. Place them in a pan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and allow it to cool for
30 minutes. Drain chillies and preserve the liquid.
2. Remove stems, put chillies with 1/2 cup of cooking liquid from chillies and 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a blender or food processor. Make a puree. Remove and pass it through a sieve. Rinse blender with another cup of cooking liquid and add it to the pulp in the sieve.
3. Heat oil and fry garlic until brown and discard. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute and add chilli mixture with salt, vinegar, oregano and cumin, stirring continuously until thickened.
To make Tortillas
1. Sieve maize flour, plain flour and salt together in a bowl. Add water and mix well. Knead to a smooth dough, cover with a piece of damp cloth and keep for 20 minutes.
2. Knead again and divide the dough into 6 portions and roll them into round balls.
3. Roll out each ball on a floured surface or pastry board into a circle of 6".
4. Heat a griddle over medium heat. Cook until both the sides have brown spots turning once. Stack cooked tortillas and cover with a dry towel. Traditionally tortillas are made with full maize flour called masa.
5. Heat oil, put in a large bowl. Hold tortillas with a tong. Dip one at a time in hot oil 2-3 seconds each side, drain over on a kitchen paper.
6. Immediately dip tortillas in hot enchilada sauce, remove at once or it may become soggy. Place dressed tortillas on a large plate and place cheese with onion in a strip just in trie centre. Roll up tightly.
7. Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish and arrange stuffed tortillas seam side down. Cover withremaining sauce and sprinkle cheese and onion.
8. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 1 90Â°C-375Â°F-gas mark-5 for 15 minutes. Serve hot. Garnish with spring onions.