|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||2 Pound, drained (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced and separated into rings|
|Pitted olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Make filling: Saute onion and garlic with chili powder in oil just until soft in a large skillet; push to one side. Shape beef into a large patty; brown in same pan, about 5 minutes on each side; break up into small pieces. Stir in tomatoes, red kidney beans and salt. Cover; simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
2. While filling simmer, make crepe batter: Beat egg until thick in a medium-size bowl; beat in water then flour, cornmeal and salt until smooth. (Batter will be thin.)
3. Heat a heavy 8-inch crepe pan or skillet; test temperature by sprinkling in a few drops of water. When drops bounce about, temperature is right; grease lightly. Pour batter, a scant 1/4 cup for each crepe, into pan; bake for 3 minutes, or until top appears dry and underside is golden; turn; bake 2 minutes longer. Repeat to make 16 crepes.
4. As each is baked, roll up with about 1/2 cup filling and place in a 12-cup casserole; spoon remaining filling over.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) for 30 minutes or until bubbly-hot.
6. Arrange topping: Place onion rings and sliced olives in a pretty pattern on top; sprinkle with cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4303 Calories from Fat 1946
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g337.3%
Saturated Fat 76.1 g380.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 653 mg217.7%
Sodium 5948.3 mg247.8%
Total Carbohydrates 424 g141.5%
Dietary Fiber 87.6 g350.5%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 194 g387.1%
Vitamin A 271% Vitamin C 220.3%
Calcium 152.7% Iron 219.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet