Enchiladas Con Pollo
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked shredded chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||8 Ounce|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce, drained|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned enchilada sauce||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour tortillas/Corn tortilas||8|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Monterey Jack Or Cheddar)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In a large frying pan, melt butter. Add onion and saute until softened. Add chicken, tomatoes, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the salsa, the chiles, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through. Keep warm over low heat.
2. Cover the bottom of an 8- by 12- by 2-inch (20- by 30- by 5-cm) baking pan with half the enchilada sauce.
3. One at a time, dampen each tortilla with water and heat on both sides in a hot, ungreased frying pan until soft and pliable.
4. Place 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll; place in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce, the remaining salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
5. Cover and bake until heated through (15 minutes).