Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1.6 Kilogram, 1 Bird)|
|Poblano chilies||3 , roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined diced (Fresh)|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled, seeded, chopped|
|Chopped white onion||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (4 Milliliter)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock/Broth||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Whipping cream||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Corn tortillas||12 (6 Inch Or 15 Centimeter)|
|Shredded queso chihuahua/Shredded monterey jack cheese||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Shredded cheese||500 Milliliter (2 Cups, Queso Chihuahua Or Monterey Jack)|
|Sliced green onion tops||4|
|Red bell pepper slivers||1|
1. Arrange chicken pieces in single layer in 12-inch (30-cm) skillet. Sprinkle with chilies, tomato, onion, garlic, salt and cumin; add stock. Heat over medium-high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until chicken is very tender, about 1 hour.
2. Remove chicken pieces from skillet with tongs, shaking off pieces of vegetables. Let chicken stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Skim and discard fat from top of stock mixture in skillet. Heat mixture to boiling; boil gently over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 2 cups (500 mL), 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer mixture to 13x9x2-inch (33 x 23 x 5-cm) baking dish.
4. Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Tear chicken into coarse shreds.
5. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat cream in medium skillet over medium heat until just below boiling; remove from heat.
6. Dip 1 tortilla in hot cream until limp, a few seconds; remove, draining off excess cream. Spread 1/12 of the chicken (about 3 tablespoons or 45 mL) down center of tortilla; roll up and place seam-side-down on sauce in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken. Pour remaining cream evenly over enchiladas.
7. Sprinkle enchiladas evenly with cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with green onion and bell pepper.