Baked Eggplant Parmesan for Dinner
|Eggplant||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced (For the Eggplant) (Optional)|
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For the Eggplant)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (For the Eggplant)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (For the Eggplant)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Teaspoon (For the Eggplant)|
|Small onion||1 Small, sliced (For the Sauce)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely (For the Sauce)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Sauce)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Sauce)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For the Sauce)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Sauce)|
1) Pre - Heat the oven to 400 *F.
2) Clean eggplant, cut them into slices, sprinkle salt and leave it for 10 minutes.
3) Wash eggplant and let it drain.
4) In a pan put eggplant slices and rub olive oil.
5) Bake the eggplant for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
6) In a pan add oil and sauté onion, pour tomato juice and season with salt and pepper.
7) Season sauce with some fresh basil.
8) In a pan spread layers of eggplant pour some tomato sauce into it, put a layer of mozzarella and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.
9) Bake it for 20 minutes.
10) When done serve hot.
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg7.1%
Sodium 597.6 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet