3 39⁄100 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter For The Stock)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Chili Bean Sauce)
1. Slice the top and bottom off the eggplant. Cut it into half lengthwise and then cut into 1-inch thick strips (lengthwise)
2. Place eggplant strips in a large bowl of cold water to prevent browning.
3. Deseed the chili and finely chop.
4. Cut bell pepper into small squares. Slice ginger and chop green onion (keep white and greens separate).
5. Finely chop the chicken breast into very small pieces and mince. Marinate it in the ingredients listed for marination. Set aside.
6. Combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Stir and set aside.
7. Steam or blanch the eggplant in a pan of boiling water, until tender. Remove and pat dry on kitchen toweling.
8. In a saute pan, heat the sesame oil. Add the ginger and white portion of green onion, Saute for 1 minute.
9. Add the marinated chicken breast mince. Saute until no longer pink.
10. Add the chili bean sauce and mix well. Add a little of the green onion and saute.
11. Pour in the prepared seasoning stock. Bring to boil, stirring and cook chicken until tender.
12. Add the steamed eggplant strips, red chilli, red bell pepper, remaining green onion, and seasoning if required.
13. Saute for few more minutes until all the moisture evaporates.