Garlic Flavored Eggplants With Chili Bean Sauce
|Chicken breast||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Hot chilies||1 Small|
|Shao xing wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (For Seasoning)|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Teaspoon (For Stock)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chili bean sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Eggplant||11 Ounce (300 Grams)|
|Chicken breasts||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large|
|Hot chili||1 Small|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Small|
|Green onion||1 Large|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Teaspoon (For The Marinade)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (For The Marinade)|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (For The Marinade)|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (For The Marinade)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (For The Marinade)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon (For The Stock)|
|Chicken powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For The Stock)|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (For The Seasoning)|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Teaspoon (For The Stock)|
|Water||3 39⁄100 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter For The Stock)|
|Chili sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Chili Bean Sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Slice the top and bottom off the eggplant. Cut it into half lengthwise and then cut into 1-inch thick strips (lengthwise)
2. Place eggplant strips in a large bowl of cold water to prevent browning.
3. Deseed the chili and finely chop.
4. Cut bell pepper into small squares. Slice ginger and chop green onion (keep white and greens separate).
5. Finely chop the chicken breast into very small pieces and mince. Marinate it in the ingredients listed for marination. Set aside.
6. Combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Stir and set aside.
7. Steam or blanch the eggplant in a pan of boiling water, until tender. Remove and pat dry on kitchen toweling.
8. In a saute pan, heat the sesame oil. Add the ginger and white portion of green onion, Saute for 1 minute.
9. Add the marinated chicken breast mince. Saute until no longer pink.
10. Add the chili bean sauce and mix well. Add a little of the green onion and saute.
11. Pour in the prepared seasoning stock. Bring to boil, stirring and cook chicken until tender.
12. Add the steamed eggplant strips, red chilli, red bell pepper, remaining green onion, and seasoning if required.
13. Saute for few more minutes until all the moisture evaporates.
14. Serve hot with rice or noodles.