Eggplants with Chili Bean Sauce
|Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breast||115 Gram|
|Ginger slices||3 Small|
|Hot chili||1 Small|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small|
|Green onion||1 Small|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Teaspoon (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Chicken Breast Marinade)|
|Lee kum kee oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Chicken powder||1 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Lee kum kee chilli bean sauce||1 Tablespoon (Seasoning)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (Seasoning)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Drizzle the eggplant with some peanut oil and wrap in a tin foil.
3) Roast the eggplant in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Then open the tin foil and roast the eggplant for another 5 to 10 minutes, until soft.
4) Meanwhile, marinate the chicken with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, chinese cooking wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and corn flour for about 10 minutes.
5) In a wok and a moderate heat, saute green onion and bell pepper until they are lightly brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Then add the chicken.
6) Cook the meat till it is lightly browned.
7) Add the chili sauce, some ground white pepper and stir quickly. Add the water and bring the sauce to a boil.
8) To serve, put the chicken and eggplant on a serving plate, slit the eggplant open and spoon over the sauce and top it with some chopped scallions. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 2524.3 mg105.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54.2%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 92% Vitamin C 312.2%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet