2) Drizzle the eggplant with some peanut oil and wrap in a tin foil.
3) Roast the eggplant in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Then open the tin foil and roast the eggplant for another 5 to 10 minutes, until soft.
4) Meanwhile, marinate the chicken with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, chinese cooking wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and corn flour for about 10 minutes.
5) In a wok and a moderate heat, saute green onion and bell pepper until they are lightly brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Then add the chicken.
6) Cook the meat till it is lightly browned.
7) Add the chili sauce, some ground white pepper and stir quickly. Add the water and bring the sauce to a boil.
8) To serve, put the chicken and eggplant on a serving plate, slit the eggplant open and spoon over the sauce and top it with some chopped scallions. Serve immediately.