Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
|Cubed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Silken tofu||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , diced|
|String beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 2 pieces|
|Cooked chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Slice the eggplant in halves, lengthwise.
2. On an oiled baking sheet place the cut eggplant with its cut side downwards.
3. Cover. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees till the eggplant is tender.
4. In another pan boil potatoes till they are tender.
5. Drain the excess water.
6. Blend tofu with potatoes.
7. In a skillet add olive oil and war it. Add garlic, onions and spices till the onions are translucent.
8. Combine lemon juice and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add string beans and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes more.
10. Add potatoes with vegetables.
11. Turn the baked eggplant in the pan.
12. Mash the pulp using a spoon or fork.
13. Move the pulp to one side and make a hollow.
14. Divide the filling and mound each half.
15. Bake 20 minutes uncovered.
16. Serve Spicy stuffed eggplant with chickpeas on its side and sprinkled with black pepper.