Pork Sausage Stuffed Eggplant
|Pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread cubes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a small microwavable bowl or 1-quart casserole, add in the pork sausage. Microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes till the meat loses it raw colour.
2) Drain the sausage and keep aside.
3) Slice the eggplant long. Spoon out the central pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop the pulp up coarsely.
4) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the eggplant pulp, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, bread cubes, parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
5) Cover the casserole with wax paper. Microwave on HIGH for about 8 minutes till the vegetables become soft.
6) Stuff half the amount of the mixture into the scooped out eggplant. Lay the eggplant on a 8X8-inch baking dish.
7) Cover the dish with wax paper and microwave on HIGH for about 7 minutes.
8) Sprinkle the top of the dish with shredded mozzarella cheese.
9) Garnish the Stuffed Eggplant sprinkled with paprika.