1. Pre-heat the oven to desired temperature.
2. Beat the eggs along with water.
3. Cover a baking sheet with paper towel.
4. Season both sides of each eggplant slice with salt and pepper.
5. Dip each slice in flour, then in egg and finally in the bread crumb, arrange on a baking sheet.
6. In a skillet, heat oil on medium heat, fry the eggplant slices from both sides, until they turn light golden brown. Transfer to the baking sheet covered with paper towel.
7. On the base of a baking dish, spread marinara sauce, arrange the eggplant slices. Spread some more marinara sauce, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and Romano cheese. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, sprinkle basil leaves. Repeat the process to make several layers. Crumble butter all over the dish.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
This Eggplant Parmesan is a simple one pot dish. It is rich and it is cheesy! It is a rustic Italian dish with some classic flavors going in there. Watch and learn this recipe from this video from Chefuality! Bon Appetit!