Eggplant Little Shoes
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Rinse the eggplants. Parboil without peeling or chopping them in a pot of salted, boiling water for 5 minutes.
3) Take the eggplants out of the water once done. Slice them long.
4) Gently scoop out the pulp from the eggplant halves with a 1/4-inch gap from the edge.
5) In a saucepan, melt butter. Toss in the onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes. Next, add in the ground beef or lamb and eggplant pulp.
6) Mix well till the mixture browns lightly.
7) Add in tomato sauce, cumin, parsley, salt and pepper giving the mixture another good stir.
8) On low flame, cook the mixture till all the liquid disappeared.
9) In a large, lightly greased casserole or roasting pan, arrange the eggplants. Stuff their cavities with the meat mixture.
10) In a bowl, beat together the egg, water and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the eggplants.
11) Sprinkle the top of the eggplants with parmesan cheese.
12) Bake for about 20 minutes till the top of the mixture has browned lightly.
13) Serve the Eggplant Little Shoes garnished with chopped parsley.