Aubergines with Parsley
|Aubergine/Egg plant||700 Gram, cut into thick slices|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, peeled and crushed|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized colander, combine egg plant and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Wash and drain thoroughly and dry completely.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Coat each dried egg plant evenly with little flour and keep aside.
5. In a medium sized skillet, heat oil.
6. Once hot, add the slices and pan fry/ grill on both sides till they are tender and brown in colour.
7. Drain on absorbent paper and arrange in a serving platter. Keep aside.
8. Remove excess oil from skillet and reserve 1 tablespoon. Heat gently.
9. Add parsley and garlic and sautÃ© over a medium flame for few seconds.
10. Spoon this mixture over arranged egg plant, sprinkle pepper as required and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 419.9 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.2%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 60.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet