Aubergines With Parsley
|Aubergine/Egg plant||700 Gram, cut into thick slices|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, peeled and crushed|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized colander, combine egg plant and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Wash and drain thoroughly and dry completely.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Coat each dried egg plant evenly with little flour and keep aside.
5. In a medium sized skillet, heat oil.
6. Once hot, add the slices and pan fry/ grill on both sides till they are tender and brown in colour.
7. Drain on absorbent paper and arrange in a serving platter. Keep aside.
8. Remove excess oil from skillet and reserve 1 tablespoon. Heat gently.
9. Add parsley and garlic and sautÃ© over a medium flame for few seconds.
10. Spoon this mixture over arranged egg plant, sprinkle pepper as required and serve immediately.