Eggplant Madewood Style
|Eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs), boiled and drained|
|French bread loaf||1⁄2 , cut up and toasted|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Boiled ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Bell pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Topping)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, soak the bread in water.
3) Coat the bottom of a casserole with butter.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© bell peppers, onions, and celery until soft.
5) Stir in the ham and cook for 10 minutes more.
6) Mix in the eggplants and cook until dry.
7) Stir in parsley, paprika, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, Accent, Tabasco and bay leaves.
8) Stir well to mix.
9) Take the pan away from heat and remove the onion mixture into the casserole.
10) Cover the onion mixture with crumbs.
11) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
12) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.