Cheese Stuffed Aubergines Eggplants
|Aubergines||2 , stalks removed and cut in half lengthways|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , peeled and grated|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Remove the flesh from aubergine by scooping out and chop finely.
3) In a bowl, place the chopped aubergine with breadcrumbs, onion and 1 1/4 cups of cheese, honey, soy, vinegar and yolk.
4) Stir the breadcrumb mixture to incorporate well.
5) Stuff the filling evenly between the aubergine shells.
6) Arrange the shells in an ovenproof dish and dredge with remaining cheese.
7) Wrap the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the cooled aubergine shell individually in foil.
9) Put it in freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
10) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
11) If using frozen aubergine, place the foil-wrapped aubergines in an ovenproof dish and reheat from frozen in a preheated moderate oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.
12) Remove foil and cook for a further 15 minutes.
13) Serve as mentioned in step 10.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.9 mg30.3%
Sodium 556.6 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet