|Mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Cook eggplants in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
2) Drain and leave to cool, then cut off stalks and make a lengthwise cut through the eggplants leaving the halves still attached at one side.
3) Ease open and remove most of the flesh with a teaspoon.
4) In a bowl, finely chop or mash the flesh and put into a bowl.
5) Drain and chop anchovies.
6) Dice Mozzarella.
7) Preheat the oven to 350°.
8) Peel and chop onion.
9) Peel and crush garlic.
10) Mix together eggplant flesh, anchovies, basil, Mozzarella, capers and seasoning.
11) Stuff the hollowed-out eggplant shells with mixture.
12) Heat oil in flameproof casserole and fry onion till brown.
13) Stir in garlic, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
14) Simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has become quite pulpy.
15) Arrange the stuffed eggplants on top of sauce and bake for 45 minutes.
16) You can add 4-5 fresh tomatoes about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time - they add attractive colour as well as taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1082 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg18.1%
Sodium 1955.5 mg81.5%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 71.1 g284.5%
Sugars 64.6 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 190.9% Vitamin C 303.7%
Calcium 90.7% Iron 82.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet