|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, raw, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Finely chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anchovy paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash and halve the eggplants lengthwise, then scoop out half of the pulp, coarsely chop and reserve the shells.
2) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
3) In a skillet, saute the chopped eggplant, shrimp, onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the chili peppers, turmeric, salt and anchovy paste, mix thoroughly.
5) In a baking pan, pour rest of the oil and water, place the eggplants shells and spoon the shrimp mixture.
6) Cover with an aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, uncover and bake for the last 10 minutes.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.