|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, raw, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Finely chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anchovy paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash and halve the eggplants lengthwise, then scoop out half of the pulp, coarsely chop and reserve the shells.
2) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
3) In a skillet, saute the chopped eggplant, shrimp, onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the chili peppers, turmeric, salt and anchovy paste, mix thoroughly.
5) In a baking pan, pour rest of the oil and water, place the eggplants shells and spoon the shrimp mixture.
6) Cover with an aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, uncover and bake for the last 10 minutes.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.6 mg28.9%
Sodium 831.9 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet