Parmesan & Herb Stuffed Eggplant
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped and peeled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dry breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Special oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) Half the eggplant lengthwise and scoop put the pulp. Dice it.
2) Keep the shells aside.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
4) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
5) Add the onions and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes.
6) Add the salt, tomatoes, pepper and oregano and mix well. Cook the mixture over low heat for about 10 minutes.
7) Take the mixture off the heat and add the cheese and parsley. Mix well.
8) With the mixture, stuff the reserved shells and sprinkle bread crumbs and the remaining oil all over.
9) On a baking sheet, place the eggplants and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
10) Place the baked stuffed eggplant on a decorative serving platter and serve while the preparation is still hot. Makes a good and filling main dish.