Roasted Eggplant Hors D'Oeuvre
|Eggplant||1 (1 Inch Cubes)|
|Small mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Sweet red pepper||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat french bread||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a pot of boiling water, add the eggplant cubes. Blanch them for about 4 minutes.
3) Drain the eggplant and pat them dry.
4) In a large bowl, add eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, olive oil and thyme. Mix well and pour into a 9X13-inch baking dish.
5) Bake the eggplant for about 25 minutes until they turn tender and slightly golden brown.
6) Slice the Whole Wheat Bread and toast them.
7) Spread a layer of the baked eggplant mixture over the bread slices.