|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggplant||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch squares|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), minced|
|Chili paste with garlic||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl,mix pork with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and set aside.
2) In another bowl,mix together eggplant and onion.
3) In small bowl,mix sherry, oyster sauce, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and put aside.
4) In a wok or electric skillet,heat until hot, pour in peanut oil and add crushed garlic, chili paste and ginger.
5) Cook for a few seconds, mixing all the while.
6) Now add pork mixture and stir fry, mixing all the while till the pork changes colour to pink .
7) Add eggplant and onion mixture.
8) Mix in sauce, adding more sherry if required for liquid to be about halfway up mixture in wok.
9) Cover with lid and cook on high heat for about 7 minutes.
10) If sauce evaporates before eggplant is soft, add more sherry as required.
11) When eggplant is soft enough, remove the cover and cook until most of remaining sauce has reduced.
12) Reheat when ready to serve.