Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pureed Tomatoes
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced eggplant||12 Ounce|
|Tomatoes with juice||28 Ounce (1 Can, 796 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook eggplant until golden, about 5 minutes, adding more olive oil if necessary.
2. In food processor puree tomatoes, add pureed tomatoes and dried basil, if using, to the eggplant and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes such that thickened.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
5. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and stir in fresh basil, if using.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and serve.
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.7 mg4.6%
Sodium 911.2 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 149.3% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet