Rigatoni with Eggplant and Pureed Tomatoes
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced eggplant||12 Ounce|
|Tomatoes with juice||28 Ounce (1 Can, 796 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook eggplant until golden, about 5 minutes, adding more olive oil if necessary.
2. In food processor puree tomatoes, add pureed tomatoes and dried basil, if using, to the eggplant and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes such that thickened.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
5. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and stir in fresh basil, if using.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and serve.