Microwave Eggplant Parmigiana
|Eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Medium Sized)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|All-purpose flour||4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, sliced|
1) Peel the eggplant.
2) Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3) In a 1-quart casserole add eggplant and water. Mix well.
4) Cook covered on 100% power (high) for 5 to 7 minutes.
5) Drain and keep aside.
6) In the 1-quart casserole add onion, celery, garlic, and butter or margarine. Combine well.
7) Cook covered on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Mix flour with it.
9) Add undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf.
10) Cook on high for 4 to 6 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
11) Discard bay leaf.
12) In a 10x6x2-inch baking dish arrange half of the tomato mixture, the Parmesan cheese, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
13) Place eggplant over it, overlapping if required.
14) Spoon remaining tomato mixture on it.
15) Cover with vented plastic wrap.
16) Cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes turning the dish twice.
17) Cut remaining mozzarella cheese into triangles.
18) Put cheese triangles over it.
19) Keep aside covered for 1 to 2 minutes.
20) Garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano.