Eggplant Or Zucchini Parmesan
|Eggplant/Three zucchini - 2 1/2 cups||2 1⁄2 Pound (Unpeeled)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required, For Frying)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, well chilled|
|Marinara sauce/Similar tomato-based sauce||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices, then dredge in the beaten eggs, then in the flour and sprinkle with salt.
3) In a non-stick pan, fry the eggplant slices in 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over a medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
4) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan cheese until finely grated, keep aside.
5) In the processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the mozzarella cheese until shredded.
6) In a greased 8 1/2 x 13 1/2-inch baking dish, place the eggplant slices at the bottom.
7) Spoon over the marinara sauce, top with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
8) Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.