|Eggplant||1 Medium, pared and cut into slices of 1/2 inch thickness|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From 8 Ounce Can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, peeled and cut into slices of 1/2-inch thickness|
|Pizza cheese slices/Mozzarella cheese||3 , quartered (From 8-Ounce Package)|
1) Cut the eggplant and tomatoes, as desired.
2) In a large frying pan, heat vegetables oil and brown the eggplant slices, few at a time.
3) Drain the slices on a paper towel.
4) In a 1-cup measure, mix oregano, parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
5) In a baking dish, make 2 layers of eggplant and tomato slices along with tomato sauce mixture divided in between evenly.
6) In moderate oven at temperature 350Â°, bake the eggplant uncovered for 30 minutes.
7) Place the mozzarella cheese slice over the top of eggplant and bake for extra 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
8) Serve the baked eggplant as side dish.