Stuffed Eggplants Or Mirleton Or Squash
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme sprig||1 Small|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), buttered|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In salted water simmer eggplants, mirlitons, or squash such that tender.
2. Cutting each in half, remove seeds from mirlitons and squash and carefully spoon out pulp.
3. Chop pulp and add bread crumbs.
4. In a pan, saute' onion and garlic over medium heat in butter such that tender for about 5 minutes.
5. Stirring in pulp, salt and pepper continue cooking for more 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
6. Let it cool add egg, parsley, and thyme and mix thoroughly.
7. If desired fill vegetable shells and sprinkle top with buttered crumbs.
8. Bake in 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes.
9. Serve hot with desired garnish.