|Eggplant||3⁄4 Pound (1 Small Sized One)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Plain non fat yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Ounce, finely chopped and divided|
|Dark raisins||2 Tablespoon, chopped, divided|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Lengthwise slice eggplant and cut into half.
2. Scoop the inner pulp leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
3. Season the inner side of each shell with salt and keep aside.
4. Cut the eggplant pulp into small cubes.
5. In a small bowl, mix half of the almonds and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon raisins; keep aside.
6. In another small mixing bowl, put together remaining almonds, remaining raisins and the bread crumbs; keep aside.
7. In a 1-quart microwavable casserole, blend diced eggplant with onion, carrot, and margarine.
8. Cook covered on High for 4 minutes until the eggplant is tender; , stir once in every 1 minute,
9. Stir in yogurt and cornstarch.
10. Cover and cook again for on High for 1 minute until the mixture thickens.
11. Stir in the almond-raisin mixture in the cooked eggplant and keep aside.
12. Spoon half of the eggplant mixture into the reserved eggplant shell and cover the top with bread crumb mixture.
13. Similarly, stuff the other eggplant shell with the remaining mixtures.
14. In a 1-quart microwavable casserole, place the stuffed eggplants with the cut side up.
15. Cover and cook on High for 9 minutes; ¼ turn the casserole after every 3 minutes.
16. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
17. Serve hot.