Tagliatelle With Roasted Tomatoes And Eggplant
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Eggplant||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Fresh ripe plum tomatoes||2 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||2 Pound, coarsely chopped (Use Fresh)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a nonstick roasting pan toss the onions and eggplant in the oil.
3. Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 25 minutes, sautéing occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp and golden.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes to the vegetables in the pan, cover with a foil or lid return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
5. Finally stir in the tomato paste, herbs, red pepper flakes and seasonings.
6. Return to the oven and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until it resembles a thick sauce.
7. In the mean time, boil the tagliatelle in salted boiling water cooking until tender-crisp or al dente.
8. Drain in a colander and tip into a serving dish or individual serving plates.
9. Ladle the tomato sauce over the pasta and sprinkle generously with cheese.
10. Serve immediately while hot.
Calories 687 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg2.3%
Sodium 1128 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.3%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 96%
Calcium 47.1% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet