Melenzana Alla Griglia
|Italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1) Peel eggplant and make slices along the width of 3/4-inch.
2) In a bowl, place the eggplant slices with salad dressing, rosemary and oregano.
3) Let it marinate for 1 hour and drain the marinade.
4) In a baking sheet, place the eggplant slices.
5) In the broiler, place the baking dish at 3 inches distance from a medium-low flame for about 5 minutes on each side until the slices are tender and lightly browned.
6) In an 8-inch-square baking dish, arrange the eggplant and tomato sauce in alternate layers.
7) Season each layer lightly salt and pepper.
8) Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
9) Place inside the broiler again for about 2 minutes or until cheese is brown.
10) Serve by garnishing with more cheese, if required.