|Small eggplant||1 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Celery seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
1. Make 1/2-inch cubes out of the eggplant and do not pare.
2. In a medium-size frying pan saute in olive oil or vegetable oil, stirring several times for 5 minutes such that soft and lightly browned and spoon into a medium-size bowl.
3. In a 1-cup measure mix remaining ingredients, pour over eggplant and toss lightly to mix.
4. Let it chill several hours to season.
5. To serve take a small serving bowl spoon part of it and garnish with an onion ring and cherry-tomato halves sprinkled with chopped parsley, if you wish.