1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slit the top of your eggplants and cut them lengthwise.
3. Place the eggplant slices on a colander and salt them with Kosher salt. Cover the eggplants with a heavy plate or two and let them sit for 2 hours.
4. Remove the plates from the eggplants, wipe them to clean off all the extra salt and moisture and place them on a clean kitchen towel.
5. In another bowl, mix ½ a cup of all-purpose flour and ½ a cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and mix well.
6. In yet another separate bowl, crack open four eggs and whisk well.
7. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
8. Coat the eggplant slices in flour and bread mixture and then dip it into the beaten eggs and then fry it in the olive oil until crisp and brown.
9. In a flat-bottomed pan, take some spaghetti sauce and spread it evenly at the bottom of the pan.
10. Layer the fried eggplant sliced on top of the sauce and grate some mozzarella cheese, add some good quality Parmesan cheese and sprinkle some basil on top. Repeat the eggplant layer, followed by spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
11. Bake it for 25-30 minutes until the cheese melts and eggplant slices are all heated and browned on top.
12. Serve it with a piece of garlic bread, pasta and tossed salad.
Go gourmet at your next Super bowl with delectable eggplant parmesan. This heavy, crispy, cheesy, fried glory is delicious and healthy to the boot. What’s more, it’s easy to assemble too. A real comforting indulgence on a stressful night. Watch the video and get making this scrummy cheesy delight in your own kitchen.