|Eggplant||1 Pound (Small Ones)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Celery seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Onion rings||4 (For Garnish)|
|Cherry tomato halves||4 (For Garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Cut eggplant in 1/2-inch cubes without peeling
2. In a small saucepan, heat the oil
3. Sauté the eggplant for 5 minutes until tender and golden.
4. Tip eggplant into a bowl and let cool slightly.
5. In a cup, combine vinegar with the remaining ingredients for the dressing and stir well until sugar dissolves.
6. Pour dressing over eggplant cubes, and toss to coat
7. Refrigerate to chill and marinate until ready to serve.
8. Spoon Eggplant Napoli into a small serving bowl.
9. Garnish with onion rings, cherry-tomato halves and chopped parsley.
10. Serve chilled accompanied with pita triangles.