Eggplant Cheese Stacks
|Eggplant||1 Medium, peeled|
|Sharp process american cheese slices||4|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned coating mix for chicken||2 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the peeled eggplant into 6-8 slices about 1/2" thick.
2) Cover and cook in boiling water for about 2-3 min; drain the eggplant well.
3) Between 2 slices of eggplant, place a cheese slice; trim to fit well.
4) In a bowl, mix the beaten egg and milk.
5) Dip the eggplant stacks well into the egg mixture, then in the seasoned coating mix .
6) In a skillet, fry the eggplant stacks in hot salad oil for about 5-6 min on each side until golden brown.
7) Serve in a nice plate.