Parmesan Broiled Eggplant
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut in rounds 1/2 inch thick (do not peel)|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (About)|
|Chopped parsley/Grated cheese/fresh tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Arrange the eggplant slices on a baking sheet or in a baking pan.
3. Generously drizzle with oil or use a pastry brush to coat them with oil.
4. Place the eggplant sliced under a broiler for 10 minutes, flipping them over after 5 minutes and brushing with oil, until both sides are lightly roasted.
5. Season with salt, pepper and paprika, lightly tossing them to coat evenly.
6. Arrange the slices on a serving platter.
7. Top with chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, or fresh tomato sauce.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 653.5 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet