Parmesan Broiled Eggplant
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut in rounds 1/2 inch thick (do not peel)|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (About)|
|Chopped parsley/Grated cheese/fresh tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Arrange the eggplant slices on a baking sheet or in a baking pan.
3. Generously drizzle with oil or use a pastry brush to coat them with oil.
4. Place the eggplant sliced under a broiler for 10 minutes, flipping them over after 5 minutes and brushing with oil, until both sides are lightly roasted.
5. Season with salt, pepper and paprika, lightly tossing them to coat evenly.
6. Arrange the slices on a serving platter.
7. Top with chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, or fresh tomato sauce.
8. Serve hot.