|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Chopped ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Wash the eggplant properly and cut in into half, lengthwise.
3) In a small amount of boiling water, cook the eggplant, covered, for about 10 minutes.
4) Drain and remove the pulp, leaving a shell measuring ½-inch.
5) Chop the pulp and set it aside.
6) In margarine, sauté the onion and green pepper till they have tendered.
7) Add in the chopped eggplant, cheese, salt and pepper to taste and olive. Mix the concoction lightly.
8) Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and top with breadcrumbs and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
9) Serve hot.