Vegan Ricotta Filling For Eggplant Parmesan- Part 1
|For ricotta style filling|
|Extra firm tofu||12 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dry basil||2 Teaspoon, dry|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For eggplant parmesan|
|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
RICOTTA STYLE FILLING:
1. Break the tofu in quarters and put them into the food processor. Add other ingredients and blend thoroughly. Put this paste in a separate bowl.
1. In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, cornmeal and nutritional yeast. Add the oregano.
2. Spray a baking tray with oil. Dip the eggplant slices in the dry mix and put them on the baking tray on a single layer. Put the tray inside the oven at 350F for 10 minutes each side.
3. In a serving plate, spread the spaghetti sauce at the bottom. Place half of the cooked eggplant slice on it. On top of the eggplant slices, spread the ricotta style filling. Cover the filling with cooked spinach. Finally place the remaining halves of cooked eggplant slices on top and spread more spaghetti sauce.
4. Bake this inside the oven at 350F for 45 minutes until it is nice and hard.