To make the tomato sauce:
2. Into the cooking pot on medium low heat pour 4 cans of tomato sauce.
3. Add fire roasted tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and garlic.
4. Add spices bay leaf, garlic salt, pepper and dry basil.
5. Use parsley for garnishing.
6. Cook for about 20-30 minutes.
To cook the eggplant:
7. Cut the top and bottom of the egg plant, halve it horizontally and slice vertically.
8. Heat pan with olive oil covering it up to quarter inch.
9. Take three eggs and beat together in a bowl.
10. Mix the bread crumbs with Italian seasoning.
11. Take eggplant coat with egg and roll in bread crumbs.
12. Fry them 2.5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
13. Cover the bottom of casserole or ramekin dish with tomato sauce.
14. Place the cooked eggplant and place in the casserole or ramekin dish.
15. Pour more sauce over the eggplant and cover the top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
16. Place the ramekin in the oven for 8 minutes and the casserole for 12 minutes.
17. Serve with your favorite drink.
This video is a creation of jasmae44. You can visit jasmae44 for complete recipes, and more videos.
Eggplant is good when baked or fried with even with simple ingredients. Here is a recipe showing how to make Eggplant Parmesan with layers of tomato sauce, cooked eggplants and mozarella cheese. Cheesy treat to please most foodies particularly kids.