Fried Eggplant Sandwich And Eggplant Parmesan
|For eggplant sandwich|
|Eggplant||2 (sliced into circles)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Pecorino cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Italian spice mix||2 Teaspoon|
|Salad mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|For eggplant parmesan|
|Parmesan cheese/Pecorino cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fried eggplant slice||150 Gram (5-6 slices)|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (to garnish)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Place the eggplant slices on a plate. Apply olive oil on them and sprinkle Italian spices and parmesan cheese over them.
2. Transfer the slices to a casserole dish and place a heavy weight over them. Marinate them for 2-3 hours.
3. In a pan over medium heat, pour olive oil. Fry 2-3 marinated eggplant slices at a time for 3 minutes.
4. Turn them and fry the other side for 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
5. Toast the bread slices in toaster.
6. Make sandwich with bread toast and fried eggplant.
7. Serve the Eggplant Sandwich with soup or salad.
1. In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar and garlic chutney. Add salad mix and combine altogether.
2. Serve the Salad with Eggplant Sandwich.
FOR EGGPLANT PARMESAN
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Coat a baking dish with olive oil.
2. In the baking dish, place fried eggplant slices.
3. Cover them with shredded cheese. Pour tomato sauce and garnish with more cheese and black olives.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or microwave at power 10 for 3 minutes.
5. Serve the Eggplant Parmesan with your favorite beverage.
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg10.3%
Sodium 1361.9 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 60% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet