Egg Plant Masala
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Small|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut a big Egg plant in three cylindrical pieces and then cut these in medium thick pieces
2. In a bowl, put the egg plant and mix with 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 3 tsps oil. Leave it for 1 hour.
3. In the mean while, cut onions in small pieces
4. After an hour put oil in a flat frying pan and shallow fry the egg plant pieces to make it soft and edible.
5. Then put cardamoms, Cinnamon, bay leaves, Garlic pieces, Ginger paste in the oil
6. Put cut onions in the oil, add 1/4 tsp salt and fry it till it gets brown
7. Put all the spices and fry it for sometime
8. Put small cut tomato pieces in onion and make a good paste of it
9. Add fried egg plan in the mixture, add some water (not too much, the gravy should be thick) and cover it for 5 minutes
Do not mix it too much, the egg plant pieces should not break.
Now this is ready to eat. Just enjoy