Stuffed Aubergines Egg Plant Provencale
|Aubergines||6 (Egg Plant)|
|Grated cheese||50 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, blanched, deseeded|
|Finely chopped fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme/Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 , deseeded and chopped|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook aubergines for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain well.
2. Cut in half lengthwise with the stem and scoop out the centre leaving 1/2" wall of skin. Sprinkle lightly with little salt ana chop scooped out pulp.
3. Melt butter or margarine, fry onions and garlic until softened but not browned. Add tomatoes, herbs, pepper, 1 level teaspoon salt, chilli powder, green chillies and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes and add chopped scooped out pulp. Cook further for 5 minutes.
4. Fill the aubergine cases with above mixture. Brush the top with olive ail.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and dot with cream.
6. Arrange the stuffed aubergines in a greased baking dish. Put under hot grill,until browned lightly or bake in a preheated hot oven (220Â°C-425Â°F-gas mark-7).
7. Serve immediately. Best to complete stage 6 just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1516 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.2%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g147%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.7 mg37.6%
Sodium 4882 mg203.4%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.6%
Dietary Fiber 84.4 g337.6%
Sugars 93.7 g
Protein 51 g102.8%
Vitamin A 137.2% Vitamin C 296.1%
Calcium 105.9% Iron 56.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet