Spiced Eggplant Savory
|Eggplant/Null||250 Gram (Null)|
|Garlic/Null||5 Clove (25 gm) (Null)|
|Tomatoes/Null||3 Medium (Null)|
|Onion/Null||1 Medium (Null)|
|Green chilies/Null||3 (Null)|
|Mint leaves/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Fresh coriander leaves/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Lemon juice/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Brown bread slices/Null||4 (Null)|
1. Wash eggplant, prick it using a fork.
2. Roast eggplant over direct flame or in a preheated oven until soft. Cool roasted eggplant, and then remove the outer burnt skin completely. Wash it well. Drain excess water and chop it fine.
3. Peel and chop garlic. Wash and chop tomatoes. Peel and chop onion. Wash green chillies, remove stem and then chop. Clean and wash mint and fresh coriander leaves and chop them finely.
4. Mix chopped eggplants with chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, fresh coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
5. Toast brown bread slices till crisp. Spread this mixture on the toasted bread pieces.
6. Sprinkle chopped mint leaves on top, cut each slice in two or four pieces.