Well it's time for another 'Ingredient 101' and you guys know what that means! The Eggplant '101' deals with the low down on all of the in's and out's you need to know when it comes to working with Eggplant!
So be sure to click PLAY if you are curious to learn how to select, store, and prepare Eggplant! And after you watch the video, jump down to the comments and let me know if you have any additional tips, tricks, or recipe ideas that you can share about Eggplant!
1 Large, sliced
1 Small, chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), chopped
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)
2 Tablespoon, crumbled (For Garnish)
1. Sprinkle salt over eggplant slices.
2. Place eggplant slices on a colander with its salted side down and while doing so sprinkle salt over the top part as well.
3. Place the colander over a big bowl and place a heavy object like a tea pot on top of the eggplant to remove excess water. Keep it aside for 30-60 minutes.
4. Throw away the water in the bowl and place the eggplant slices on a kitchen towel to soak excess moisture from it.
5. Cut eggplant slices into 1-inch dices.
6. In a hot skillet, add oil.
7. Add onions and garlic and sauté diced eggplant till it is completely cooked.
8. To serve Quick Eggplant, pile up the eggplant on a serving platter and garnish with crumbled Feta cheese and fresh mint leaves.
Eggplant is a commonly available vegetable, all over the world. But, how much do we know about this bright, purple-colored vegetable? Collect all the important information about the eggplant in this video. Chef ends it up with a quick eggplant recipe, which is also quite palatable.