Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
|Eggplant||2 Pound (2 In Number, 1 Pound Each)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried italian herbs/Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce|
|Marinara sauce/Pasta sauce||26 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse eggplant, cut each crosswise into 3/4-inch rounds, and discard stems and smooth ends. Lay slices side by side on a large tray or 2 or 3 baking sheets, about 12 by 15 inches.
2. In a small bowl, mix oil and Italian herb mix. Brush cut sides of eggplant with oil mixture.
3. Cut mozzarella cheese into thin slices, making 1 piece for each eggplant round. 4. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir marinara sauce occasionally until warm.
5. Set eggplant rounds on a grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on a gas barbecue (you can hold your hand at grill level for only 3 to 4 seconds). Close lid of gas barbecue. Cook until eggplant is very soft when pressed, creamy inside (cut to test), and browned, 6 to 8 minutes; turn once. Set marinara sauce on cool area of grill to keep warm.
6. Top each eggplant round with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover barbecue until cheese softens, about 1 minute. Transfer to a platter. Spoon marinara sauce onto slices, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.