Roasted Eggplant With Curry Cilantro And Red Bell Pepper
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Plus More For Pan)|
|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled, if desired, and cut in 1-1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Do Not Use Regular Sesame Oil)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (If Serving Cold Or At Room Temperature)|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Lighdy oil a roasting or baking pan. Place the eggplant cubes in pan.
3. Place the garlic, sherry, olive oil, sesame oil, curry powder, and salt in a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree until it forms a thin paste.
4. Pour the paste over the eggplant and mix. Place the eggplant in the oven.
5. Cook for about 45-60 minutes or until the eggplant is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cilantro, scallions, and diced red pepper.
6. If serving cold or at room temperature, add the vinegar.