Mitchel London: The Branzino Meal
|For the stuffed eggplant bailladaire|
|Eggplant||2 , slice|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, slice|
|Thyme sprigs||3 Small|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|For the roasted bronzini|
|Sea salt||2 Pinch|
|Fennel bulb||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|For the strawberry shortcake|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint||1 Small (Optional)|
FOR THE STUFFED EGGPLANT BAILLADAIRE
1. Cut the yellow squash, zucchini and tomato in half and then cut into quarters.
2. Slice the eggplant; slice the eggplant half way through.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 degree.
4. Arrange the yellow squash, zucchini and tomato in each slit of the eggplant, alternating.
5. Sprinkle some sea salt, olive oil and place the eggplant in a baking tray add thyme sprigs and whole garlic skin on.
6. Roast it in the oven for 25 minute.
7. Serve the stuffed eggplant bailladaire as a side dish with you roast chicken.
FOR THE WHOLE ROASTED BRONZINI
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degree.
2. Slice fennel and keep it aside.
3. Season the fish with 1 pinch of salt, place the fennel leaves inside the fish cavity.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Place the fish on a baking dish over a bed of sliced fennel, sprinkle 1 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt.
6. Roast it in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve the roasted bronzini along with a glass of white wine.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
1. Dice the strawberry and keep it aside.
2. Slice the biscuit in half, place one half on the bottom the out 1 tablespoon of whipped cream.
3. Place the diced strawberry on top and add 2 tablespoon of whipped cream.
4. Cover the top with the other half of the biscuit and top it with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar and garnish with mint.
6. Serve the strawberry shortcake after a hearty meal.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 253.6 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 51.8%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet