This CRISPY EGGPLANT appetizer is so elegant and delicious! Serve it as an appetizer before dinner or for lunch with my Simple Side Salad or my Very Green Salad. This recipe is also featured in my first novel, "Lady in the Window" (May 9, 2017 from SelectBooks), when the main character, Kate Grace, enjoys this lovely appetizer overlooking the Pacific ocean and an amazing sunset!
|Organic eggplant||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Organic italian seasoned breadcrumbs||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Organic free range eggs||2|
|Coconut milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||50 Gram|
|Basil leaves||15 Gram|
|Organic roma tomatoes||4|
|Organic extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, pour in bread crumbs.
2. In another bowl, add in eggs and milk.
3. With a fork, beat eggs and milk until blended.
4. With a fork, take one eggplant round, dip in milk and egg mixture (coat both sides), then dip into breadcrumb mixture (also coating on both sides.
5. Continue the same process with all the rounds.
6. In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, drizzle olive oil over the bottom of the skillet.
7. Place breaded eggplant rounds in the skillet.
8. Cook until a golden brown on both sides.
9. When rounds are done, remove from skillet and arrange on a plate.
10.When the rounds have cooled (approx. 10 minutes), slice the goat cheese log placing a slice of goat cheese on top of each round, place one basil leaf on each round, then a slice of tomato.