For a non-alcoholic eggnog recipe that will not pack on the pound, ditch the eggs and make this "Egg" Nog recipe from Dorothy Delaney. This homemade eggnog has no dairy or eggs in it, but it has the taste you'd expect and love.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Soak almonds in some water for 12 hours. Let the almonds sit out for another 12 hours to sprout. (Alternatively, you can use cashews, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts if you'd like
2. Blend the sprouted almonds with 32 ounces of water.
3. Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth.
4. Pour the strained liquid back into the blender, reserving the almond pulp for future baking.
5. To the liquid add your sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom.
6. Blend until everything is combined.
7. Serve chilled with some ground cinnamon on top.
Have you ever wondered how would a classic cocktail taste without the alcohol? Deliciously healthy is the answer for this eggless eggnog. Take a look at this video for the details of this decadent drink, you will love its great flavor and the smooth texture.