Basic Egg Nog
|Whisky||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Dark rum||1⁄2 Pint|
|Thick cream||1 Pint|
|Peach brandy||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Into a large bowl, add in the egg whites. Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
2) In a second bowl, add in the egg yolks. Add in sugar and 1/2 pint milk while beating the yolks.
3) Transfer the egg yolk mixture into a punch bowl.
4) Stir in whisky. Mix well before adding in rum. Mix again.
5) Pour in milk, cream and peach brandy. Stir well.
6) Gently fold in the egg whites.
7) Serve the Basic Egg Nog in punch cups. Garnish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.