|Instant espresso coffee powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coffee liqueur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Pint|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated chocolate||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In medium-sized bowl, stir coffee powder with boiling water until dissolved. Add ice water; refrigerate until well chilled.
2. In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to medium; gradually beat in coffee liqueur (egg yolks may curdle if liqueur is beaten in too quickly). Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, remove coffee ice cream from freezer; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften slightly.
4. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. In chilled 3-quart punch bowl, stir espresso mixture, egg-yolk mixture, coffee ice cream, and half-and-half until blended. With rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture just until blended. Lightly sprinkle grated chocolate over eggnog.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2722 Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.5%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g211.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 813.5 mg271.2%
Sodium 482.2 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 283 g94.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.5%
Sugars 229.7 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 48.9% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 70.2% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet