This super cheesy baked egg casserole is easy to make, and is delicious enough to serve for special breakfasts, brunches and dinners!
Shredded monterey jack cheese
6 Cup (96 tbs), divided
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
Red and green bell pepper
3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs), thinly sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin stris
8 , beaten
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
All purpose flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, snipped (chives, basil or oregano)
1 Tablespoon, snipped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a 9” x 13” lightly greased deep baking pan, sprinkle 3 cups of cheese and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and cook mushroom, onion, and pepper, until tender.
4. Take the vegetable off the heat, drain them and spoon over grated cheese.
5. Spread the ham strips all over the vegetables and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. In a bowl, put together, eggs, milk and flour and beat well until smooth.
7. Mix in some chopped thyme and parsley and beat until well mixed.
8. Stream the egg mixture over the cheese, stir light if desired and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese melts.